Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coats with attached boots  (Read 2925 times)
AlyssaMarie
Pug Geek

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »

Has anyone ever seen a dog coat with attached boots? I'm not really sure how it would work...

Poor Ellie will not wear boots. I've tried and tried but they just fall off (maybe it's her lack of dewclaws! j/k) Poor thing was lifting her feet last night on all the salt/snow. I ended up carrying her more than she really got to walk.

I then got thinking that if her coat had boots sewed into it somehow, like a one-piece snowsuit kind of idea, then she wouldn't kick them off. That's not saying she would really like it, but I can't have her limping around all winter.

Reggie on the other hand, happily wears Ellie's baby blue booties and looks rather silly :P

So - do these actually exist? Or do I have to try (pathetically) to make one?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AlyssaMarie » Logged

Head over heels for Ellie & Reggie.
Petunia and Penelope
Pug Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »

I have the SAME problem with Petunia. She kind of ruined a trip to the park for Penelope yesterday because Penelope was running around in the snow like mad while Petunia stood there lifting her paws in complete disgust (we were only there for like 3 minutes!!). Petunia will not wear boots - have you tried the Muttluks? They look more like waterproof socks to me but because of the price I haven't tried them yet. Anyone have experience with them? I haven't heard of coat/snowpants with boots but you MUST post a picture if Ellie gets some!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Petunia&Penelope » Logged

Nicole
rslanca
Pugamuffin

West Coast Pugs...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

Nicole, those sound kind of like the ones I bought for Bob last winter.  I got them at a pet store on Yorkville Ave., just west of Yonge Street.  Theyw ere like balloons that hadn't been blown up and you just pull them over their feet.  Made kind of like a rubber boot for them and they held on snug.  Not alot for warmth other than it keeps their feet dry and there is a rubber layer between them and the cold ground which is probably good enough for 90% of the winter weather.  And they weren't that expensive so you could buy a couple sets in case you have a blow-out.... ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rslanca » Logged

Proud Dad to Gypsy Rose, aka Rosie (Cool, Cash (5), and Bob at the Bridge (Sept '08)
Ross
blanche
Pugalug Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:06:57 PM »

I have never been able to successfully train my guys to wear boots.  I use invisible boot or Musher's secret if we're going to hit any salt, but I mostly run them to my car to the park and then back home--avoiding salt.

If you do get boots, do take pictures.  Look at the video Tracy made of Honey and Paco and their first boot experience.  It's on here somewhere.  I almost died laughing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by blanche » Logged

Mom to Hazel, Tank and Omeshi.  Cat: Sonny
Forever remembering Bob, Scout, Pete, Maude, Lola, Theo, Angel

"Here’s what I know now, having worked at a shelter and in rescue: All animals deserve
love at the end of their lives. Sometimes the most loving thing we can
do is to provide a peaceful death. And a peaceful death comes from a
human taking full responsibility for the life of that animal." From Notesfromadogwalker.com
Carol
Pugalugger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

I almost peed myself laughing at Melvin wearing them. He would do the dance till we got outside. All the Puggies do it. My only advices if you get them before you put them on go to the washroom FIRST!!! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Melvin&Pinkysmom » Logged

Mom to human son Aiden(13), Puggies Melvin(6)Pinky(6)and cat Mavis (10)
lovemypug
Senior PugMember

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »

I tried boots for my girls a few times, thank gawd the stores took them back.  

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get them on their feet faster than they get them off  :?  I haven't tried crazy glue yet, though.  

I did manage to get two on Mya's front paws once  :lol:  Sad  :lol:  :lol:  She still loves me  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by lovemypug » Logged
lmcpug
Pugalug Guru

really officer, the bone was sitting there.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »

:lol:

I tried so hard to put them on and as fast as one went on the other came off! :roll:
Never tried it on my girls or Bubba, I did not want to infer the rath of Honey :lol:
So now I'm just very careful where they walk and on what Wink

Lori ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by lmcpug » Logged

My New Gang: Abi 7yrs8mths / Ada 6yrs/ Shaggy 2yrs3mths & Charlie 7yrs **NEW** Zoey 4 yrs
"In Memory"
"If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again."
My Sweeties: Bubba 17.9, Pugsley 18.10, Honey 13.8 and ShyShy 12.8, Toni and Ziggy Stardust at the Bridge - miss you all!
Nancy-Jean
Pugalug Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 06:40:34 AM »

My Mother-in-law knitted "booties" for Tilly last Christmas.  We "tried" to get all four on Tilly's paws.....what a job that was!!!  She pulled them off faster than we could get them on, and raced around the room with them in her mouth.  Needless to say, she never did wear her "Christmas booties"!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Nancy-Jean » Logged
lmcpug
Pugalug Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 01:47:35 PM »

Tilly Tilly my little Diva :lol:

Lori ;)

My New Gang: Abi 7yrs8mths / Ada 6yrs/ Shaggy 2yrs3mths & Charlie 7yrs **NEW** Zoey 4 yrs
"In Memory"
"If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again."
My Sweeties: Bubba 17.9, Pugsley 18.10, Honey 13.8 and ShyShy 12.8, Toni and Ziggy Stardust at the Bridge - miss you all!
Nancy-Jean
Pugalug Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

No, they were a lovely blue.  Perhaps that is why Miss Matilda disliked them so much, and proceeded to tear them apart!!   :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Nancy-Jean » Logged
Petunia and Penelope
Pug Geek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

Quote from: "rslanca"
Nicole, those sound kind of like the ones I bought for Bob last winter.  I got them at a pet store on Yorkville Ave., just west of Yonge Street.  Theyw ere like balloons that hadn't been blown up and you just pull them over their feet.  Made kind of like a rubber boot for them and they held on snug.  Not alot for warmth other than it keeps their feet dry and there is a rubber layer between them and the cold ground which is probably good enough for 90% of the winter weather.  And they weren't that expensive so you could buy a couple sets in case you have a blow-out.... ;)

I'm going to look for those. I bought Petunia some Muttluks today ($50!!!) but they won't stay on so I'll have to return them. She just shakes and shakes whenever we're outside.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Petunia&Penelope » Logged

Nicole
karenb
Junior PugMember

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

What has worked for me so far, is that I have made Mingus wear felt booties from the dollar store for an hour a day in the house. While he's wearig them, he gets los of cuddles and rubs until he forgets they are there (and he has a major negative foot fetish...can't touch his front paws or he tucks them under his body and looks at me likes he's smiling because he thinks he's won) I've been doing this for about 4 weeks now. Plus, he's been getting short walks with the felts for about a week or two now. Today, I took him out with a real pair of zip on booties. They are a little big, but since he has foot touching issues, bigger is better. He looked silly andwalked pretty funny, but left them on for the whole walk. I plan to do this until he's used to them, then will try to go down a size. Donno if it will work for you, but it really has worked for my boy!

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by karenb » Logged
lmcpug
Pugalug Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 06:41:58 PM »

Karen,
I give you this! You are Persistent!  LOL!

Bubba would and will not let me touch his "Royal" paw paws; I've been working on him for 4.5 almost 5 yrs now Wink
Keep it up and o yes, a pic please of his highness in booties Smiley

"In Memory"
karenb
Junior PugMember

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »

Quote from: "lmcpug"
Karen,
I give you this! You are Persistent!  LOL!

Bubba would and will not let me touch his "Royal" paw paws; I've been working on him for 4.5 almost 5 yrs now Wink
Keep it up and o yes, a pic please of his highness in booties Smiley

Yeap, I am determined...but so is he! I'll def post some pics...gotta find the camera for the avatar contest as well!
karenb
Junior PugMember

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »

I did a search and found this body coat. Looks like the booties are attached with snaps. I imagine this thing might be hard to get on though.

Here's the link...
http://www.ruffknits.com/Waterproof-Dog ... le-booties

The site is Canadian (Always like to support Canadian, and they seem to like pugs! :D)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: